If your garage door is not working properly after installation, it’s important to address the problem as soon as possible to ensure that the door is operating safely and correctly. Here are some steps to take if your garage door is not working properly:
- Check the opener: Make sure that the opener is plugged in and that the power is on. Check the remote control batteries and make sure that the opener is programmed correctly.
- Check the springs: Make sure that the springs are properly adjusted and that they are not broken. If the springs are damaged, they will need to be replaced by a professional.
- Check the track: Make sure that the track is clear of debris and that it is properly aligned. If the track is bent or damaged, it will need to be repaired or replaced.
- Check the opener’s safety sensors: Make sure that the safety sensors are properly aligned and that they are not blocked by debris.
- Check the opener’s settings: Make sure that the opener’s settings are correct and that the force and limit settings are properly adjusted.
- If you cannot find the problem or cannot fix it, it’s always best to contact the garage door installer or a professional garage door technician like Paramount Garage Doors, we have the experience and knowledge to help diagnose and fix the problem.
It’s important to keep in mind that if you are unsure or do not have experience in fixing a garage door, it is always recommended to contact a professional garage door technician who can help you diagnose and fix the problem safely and correctly.