Installing a garage door can be a complex and dangerous task, and it’s important to keep safety in mind throughout the process. Here are some safety concerns to keep in mind when installing a new garage door:
- Make sure the garage door opener is properly disconnected before starting the installation. This will prevent the door from moving while you’re working on it.
- Wear safety glasses and work gloves to protect yourself from flying debris or sharp edges.
- Use a ladder or scaffolding that is sturdy and secure. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for setting up and using the ladder or scaffolding.
- Use the proper tools for the job and make sure that they are in good condition.
- Be aware of the tension on the torsion springs and extension springs when working on the door. These springs are under a lot of tension and can cause serious injury if they are not handled properly. THIS INCLUDES DEATH! FOR YOUR SAFETY WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND CONTACTING A GARAGE DOOR PROFESSIONAL.
- When installing the garage door opener, Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure that the opener is properly secured to the door and the ceiling.
- Make sure to test the door’s balance and tension after installation to ensure that the door is properly adjusted and that it opens and closes smoothly.
- It is always recommended to hire a professional and licensed garage door installation company like us here at Paramount Garage Doors, we have the experience and knowledge to ensure the job is done safely and correctly.
Remember, installing a garage door is a complex task that requires knowledge, skill, and experience. If you are not comfortable with the process, it is always best to hire a professional.